Instead, you should consume more foods that are highly anti-inflammatory and have anti-cancer properties, like broccoli, kale, cabbage, etc.
In this article, we will present an extremely effective elixir which will help you reduce inflammation, and the main ingredient is red cabbage. It is abundant in sulforaphane, indole-3-carbinol, thiocyanates, anthocyanins, and phytochemicals like lutein.
All of the abovementioned antioxidants are able to neutralize free radicals which are known to cause many different diseases like cancer or heart disease.
Moreover, the consumption of this veggie will help you prevent different types of cancer such as colon, breast and prostate cancer, as well as lower LDL cholesterol levels.
Red cabbage is also a rich source of A, C, E, K and B vitamins, folate, thiamin, riboflavin, dietary fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, and pantothenic acid. Red cabbage is also considered a powerful weapon against lung cancer due to is abundance in vitamin A.
Cabbage is a great solution for your digestive system as well since it contains sulfur –containing compounds that have detoxifying properties which protect from radiation exposure.
Other health benefits of red cabbage include:
- Helping the weight loss process—its consumption will help you lose extra pounds since it is very low in calories, but on the other hand it has high vitamin content, as well as minerals and dietary fiber which leave you full for a longer period of time.
- Prevents premature aging— red cabbage contains high levels of vitamin A and antioxidant which will help you prevent premature aging.
- Boosts your eye health— due to its high levels of vitamin A, red cabbage will help you prevent formation of cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Boosts your immune system—due to its high levels of vitamin C, the consumption of this veggie will stimulate the function of white blood cells in the body, thus forming the body’s first line of defense.
- Helps protect Alzheimer’s disease—red cabbage is a rich source of anthocyanins which reduce the chances of the plaque that causes cognitive and memory loss in people.
- Healthy bone growth and development—regular consumption of red cabbage will help you protect your bones from arthritis, osteoporosis and other types of inflammation since it contains minerals which contribute to bone mineral density. Some of them are calcium, manganese, and magnesium.
- Purple Elixir Recipe
1 green apple
1/4 red cabbage
Half a cucumber
Handful of fresh basil
Handful of fresh mint
It is very simple to prepare this miraculous juice, all you have to do is to juice all the ingredients and mix them together. Your purple elixir is ready, so make sure to drink it immediately.