It is hard to stay confident during stressful times. Here are seven tips to help you feel confident while combating stress and anxiety. Take a look. If you feel like your life is constantly chaotic you are not alone. Many people feel this way but they don’t do anything about it. They let stress take over and wind up feeling even more insecure about themselves. However, the more you learn and practice skills to stay confident during stressful times the easier it will be to manage anything life throws your way.
7 Simple Ways to Stay Confident During Stressful Times
- Take time to chill out. Read a good book, make time for a hobby like cooking or painting, spend time with your pet, take a relaxing bath, or do something that allows your mind to slow down.
- Take a technology break. It can seem impossible to distance yourself from your phone or computer when you want to avoid reality, but you can. It doesn’t feel good to waste time scrolling through others stories or news feeds when you feel crummy about your life, does it? Do something that reduces you stress instead. Take a walk, make a cup of tea or even organize a drawer in your home. Social media and technology increase insecure thoughts in most people, which makes it much harder to feel confident when you’re stressed.
- Ask for help. Are you overwhelmed? Have you bitten off more than you can chew? Get brave and honest, and ask a friend or family member to help out. People like helping, it makes them feel good too.
- Be of service. When you help someone, it helps you too. It allows you to stay confident during stressful times as it helps you get out of your head and connect with others. Helping a friend with a project, holding the door for a stranger, calling a friend to ask how they are doing or donating clothes to charity—all of these can take just a few minutes, but the emotional gains are much greater. You tap into a positive mindset, which reduces stress.
- Avoid over-scheduling. If you’re feeling stressed or overworked, pass on the happy hour or consider cutting out an activity or two. You won’t be fully present anyway. Instead, make a decision to do something to help you feel confident and more in control of your life.
- Take care of your body and mind. Getting active and eating well help you tackle stressful times. Your immune system can become weak when you are stressed which leads to illnesses and less energy. You can stay confident during stressful times by making healthy decisions. Drink more water, take a quick walk, grab a healthy snack or meal instead of opting for fast food. Each time you make the choice to do something to help your body and mind you increase your self-confidence.
- Zen out. When you’re stressed the chatter in your mind is louder than ever. Take a few minutes to get mindful and give your nervous system a much needed break. Try a guided meditation for a few minutes. Gabrielle Bernstein has some guided meditations that can help you stress less in as little as two minutes and there are many on YouTube as well.
Remember, you can stay confident during stressful times if you practice self-care and these tips to help you manage your emotions. If you practice just one of these tips you are more likely to feel confident and in control even if you aren’t under a tremendous amount of stress. Try one of these tips today and see how it helps you feel better.